Name: Babel Guesthouse
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Full Review: http://www.diytravelshow.com/babelguesthouse
Telephone: +855 078 858 469
Address: 738 Wat Bo Road Salakamroeuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Available Types: Private standard, double and triple rooms
Amenities: Lounges, full serve restaurants and a bar, roof top patio
Service Offered: In-house tours and drivers standby
Included Accessories: Towels and linens, soaps, shampoos, free breakfast and wifi
Date Reviewed: Date Reviewed: January 5, 2016
The Babel Guesthouse is located in heart of Siem Reap, with only minutes walks to all the major downtown attractions such as the Pub Street, night markets, Royal Residence Garden and more. There is a in-house restaurant and bar that serves complimentary breakfast, along with both local and western-style meals and drinks. It also employed local knowledgable drivers standby to anywhere in Siem Reap and the airport.
Even though the guesthouse is Norwegian owned and managed, it actively focus on responsible tourism by only hire local staff, drivers and guides with good working conditions, fair salaries and flexible working hours to enable the staff to continue their education. One of the program is Babel Educational Program, which the guesthouse sponsors its staff to enrol in Bachelors degree in two universities Build Bright University (BBU) and The University of South East Asia or studies English at ACE school, along with in-house language lessons including Spanish, French, German, and Norwegian. The Guesthouse is also the home to Norwegian Tourism students for three month every year as part of their degree program in hospitality to earn first hand experience in responsible tourism.
- Excellent service from friendly and knowledge staff
- Social aspect of the guesthouse, such employing local staff and providing education to advance their opportunities
- High speed internet everywhere
- Complimentary breakfast and in-house restaurant and bar
- Short walk to the town centre, including the popular attractions such as the many of the local markets, local food stalls and the Pub Street
- Hand-on owners, sincerely cared about its staff and guest
- Private bathrooms in every rooms and daily housekeeping on request
- Towels, linens, soaps, are provided
- All rooms are individually air-conditions with international television channels
- Reasonably priced tours and in-house drivers
- Nothing, however the guesthouse is also home to few cats, which may not be suitable for guest with allergies.